What do writers do during the submissions process that ticks editors off? In this video, Founding Editor, Helen Scheuerer discusses some of the faux pas writers make when they submit to literary journals and publishers.
All of these details are things you need to know before you click send... The last thing you wanted is an editor who's already irritated reading your work. "
Watch the video in full here...
What to take away from this video:
- Read the submission guidelines
- Don't feel the need to explain your piece in the email along with your submission
- Know how to format your work appropriately
- Don't be argumentative
- Don't be abusive
General tips on how to submit your work:
- Be respectful
- Be grateful for the editor's time and expertise
- Agree to disagree politely.
Want to make sure your work is the best it can be before submitting to publishers? Click here for 9 Simple Ways To Sharpen Your Manuscript.