Finding the weaknesses in your own work can be rather challenging, particularly with a larger work like a novel. Our Manuscript Assessment offers new authors the opportunity to work with professionals to strengthen their writing before submitting it to publishing houses. Unlike most author services, we provide support after the assessment has been carried out, so that the author can discuss any queries.
The Manuscript Assessment includes:
- 1000 word reader's report identifying weaknesses and strengths in areas of plot, character and structure.
- 300 word marketing brief, which identifies suitable publishers.
- 30 minute phone or Skype session to discuss feedback and answer queries.
How it works:
- Purchase our Manuscript Assessment service.
- Receive confirmation of purchase, this will include instructions on where to send your manuscript.
- Writer's Edit will assess your manuscript within four weeks and provide you with your reader's report and marketing brief.
- You will have one week to review these, before we arrange our phone/Skype discussion.
- All our editors have tertiary level qualifications specializing in creative writing, editing and publishing, as well as practical experience within the industry.
- We like to have a fast turnaround time so that the manuscript is still fresh in the editor's mind for when we discuss it with you.
- If you have specific areas you'd like us to focus your assessment on, do let us know when you submit your manuscript!
- Should your manuscript exceed 70,000 words, drop us a line (use the subject line MS query) and we'll see how we can work together.