Our Short Story Editing is for authors looking to polish their work before submitting to publishers, journals/magazines, university or writing workshops. We work with you, paying special attention to your language, syntax, structure, flow and presentation. Using track changes and comments in Microsoft Word, we'll correct any errors, and provide you with author queries and suggestions as to how to improve your work.
Short Story Editing Includes:
- Your short story manuscript returned with editorial changes made with track changes and comments.
- 300 word summary of the problem areas & suggestions for improvement.
- Follow-up email support for one week after the manuscript has been returned.
How it works:
- Purchase our Short Story Editing service.
- Receive confirmation of purchase, this will include instructions on where to send your manuscript.
- Writer's Edit will assess your manuscript within three weeks and provide you with your edited manuscript and summary.
- You will have one week to review these and email us with and questions or follow-up discussion of the short story.
- All our editors have tertiary level qualifications specializing in creative writing, editing and publishing, as well as practical experience within the industry.
- We have a fast turnaround time so that the manuscript is still fresh in the editor's mind for discussion.
- Should your manuscript exceed 2000 words, see our editing services for short stories of 4000 words and 5000 words.